Saturday 13 July 2013

5 Awesome Concrete DIY's

Hey Everyone!

So i've been coming across more and more interesting uses for concrete in DIY projects. After finding so many great ideas after stumbling on HomeMade Modern and seeing all the awesome projects they've come up with I figured I'd share some of their projects and a couple others that I can't wait to try. Here is a list of some of the most interesting concrete DIY's I came across!


1. Concrete pendant Lamp: An amazing industrial looking lamp made with a little bit of concrete a couple old plastic bottles as a form and a hollow bolt. Love the look of this and will be making this very soon!

Seen on HomeMade Modern


2. Concrete Stool: Another great and inexpensive one from HomeMade Modern! Although if I were to use it as a stool I think I would use longer legs. But, this DIY would work perfectly for a side table, or a place for a planter.

Also another great touch is the dip painted legs which I've been really liking and seeing a lot of recently.




3. Desk Lamp: Now I know this is a mix of different materials, but I just think the concrete base totally makes this lamp. I came across this on Nimi Design an industrial designer and furniture design student. Made with an inexpensive ikea lamp, a few pieces of teak wood, some hardware and some concrete. Such a clean design and love the mixture of wood steel and concrete!












4. Concrete Bowl: I've seen these done on a few different
blogs and really like them but I think I would try to make it thinner as long as it wont break. Most of the ones I see are quite thick and have the look of those fire pit bowls which are still really nice for outdoors, but I think when I try it out Ill go for something thinner to use inside.



5. Concrete Vase: One more from HomeMade Modern! A geometric concrete flower vase. These look great and Homemade Modern have the downloadable templates for all the forms right on their website that you can get to through the link. I love that there are so many options with these forms, and they don't have to be just a vase. Use them for book ends or just as a decoration on a shelf.






Hope you guys enjoyed this and try some of these out for yourselves!

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment